Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Half Magic


If you had a magic charm and you knew the magic was all used up,
what would you do with it?

Julia (6): "I would test it a couple of times to see if it would work and then I would leave it at the door and when one of my friends comes they would put it in their pocket and be surprised when they made a wish."

Gabe (4): "I would be-stroy it!"


Mom's notes: My mom made sure to introduce us kids to all her favorite "E" authors: E. Nesbit, E.B. White, Edward Eager, and Elizabeth Enright. I have a mission to to the same! I remember her saying she loved when magic happened to ordinary kids in their ordinary world. I love it too. It makes you believe anything can happen. And that's exactly what Edward Eager's magic series suggests. I vividly remembered some specific elements of this story, even reading it 20+ years later. I hope my kids do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment