Friday, May 9, 2014

Knight's Castle


If you could have a magic adventure with some of your toys, which toys would you choose?

Julia (6): "I would choose to be with my Polly Pockets because I would like to be with princesses."

Gabe (4): "I would choose the firemen and policemen guys Matt gave me. I would play with them to be knights and they would fight the bad guys."


Mom's notes: Edward Eager often alludes to stories by other authors that he admires. (E. Nesbit specifically and often.) It would have been extremely helpful to be familiar with the story of Ivanhoe (which I am not!). Robin Hood is also a main character in this one, and luckily the kids know him (as a fox from a Disney movie at this point...). Either way though, this book is packed with close calls and excitement that kept the kids asking for another chapter every time we read. (I will note that Eager's chapters are not short, so I often split them up and didn't finish an entire one in a sitting.)

No comments:

Post a Comment