Thursday, February 12, 2015

The Time Garden



If you had a garden blooming with thyme, where in time would you travel?

Julia (7): "I would go to see Columbus. And some princesses."

Gabe (5): "I would go back in time to see the dinosaurs. And to make history better. And I want to see dragons!"


Mom's notes: We had taken a break from the Edward Eager box set, but after a few months Gabe insisted we finish the fourth book. Fine with me! (There are three others related to the series that I still need to purchase for our library. I love owning wonderful books. They're like old friends. I hope my kids feel the same and create a library of their own someday with only the best books. I'll be happy to contribute!) I had never read this one before and was happily surprised to find the March sisters from Little Women in the story. There was also much for the kids to learn in here as far as US History goes. Plus, smelling thyme from Nana's herb garden after reading this book was more exciting than you'd ever imagine it could be for these two little grandkids!

No comments:

Post a Comment