Saturday, November 12, 2016

A Wrinkle in Time


How would you feel if the Mrs. Ws sent you off on a dangerous adventure through space and time?

Julia (9): "I would feel like I might get sick and feel dizzy and wonder if they got the right person."

Gabe (7): "I'd feel cool because I'd get to fight bad guys for once."

How do you think you would react if you saw IT?

Julia: "I would scream and also try to sing something that was out of the rhythm of IT."

Gabe: "I would react like I was just in a normal elevator. And just pretend that I wasn't seeing IT."



Mom's Notes: I believe this is the first science-fiction book we've read aloud. Because these kids love a good story of seemingly any genre, they were enthralled with this one. Some of it may have been a little deep for them, but children often surprise us by what they can comprehend. Julia and Gabe pointed out the eternal truths within the story on their own much of the time. We are all interested in picking up the next books in the series, which I haven't read myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment