Thursday, April 16, 2020


What is your favorite episode in the story? 

Julia (12): "Patty-pans." 

Gabe (10): "When Dan burns down the house... because Tommy says, 'Thunder Turtles!'"

Evy (7): "I like when the girls set up the ball for the boys." 

We'll read the last book in the series soon. Which child's future are you most interested to know about? 

Julia (12): "Stuffy, because he's funny. And Nan, because I want to see if she'll love Tommy." 

Gabe (10): "Stuffy... because he's... Stuffy." 

Evy (7): "I want to know what Stuffy becomes!" 


Mom's Notes: I read this for the first time myself last summer. I find it hard to believe it took me decades to pick up the sequel to a book I named a favorite when I was ten years old! Somehow I missed it all those years, but it'll forever have a spot on our bookshelves and in my heart now. I believe the kids feel the same. There is just so much to in here to learn, love, and laugh about. I scribbled down a page of quotes (mainly highlighting the wisdom and patience the Bhaers show while raising the children) and I could've filled several. To celebrate the story upon completion, we played a fun round of Imaginiff with the book characters as the subjects, then watched a movie version. Gabe, especially, is looking forward to reading "Jo's Boys." We love LMA! 

No comments:

Post a Comment