Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Owls in the Family

Would you want an owl for a pet? 


Julia (14): "Sure, why not" 

Gabe (12): "Nah, because I'd rather have a dog." 

Evy (9): "No, because it's not my favorite animal!" 

Daniel (7): "Yes! That would be awesome! It's my favorite animal!" 

Michael (7): "No!"


Mom's Notes: Daniel grabbed this book off of our shelf last Spring. He and I started reading it together, but summertime crowded it out. So we were both excited to read it for our first book this school year - especially as we are learning about all things birds! I even stuck it in my purse before our visit to the aviary, where we read a chapter next door to the Owl Forrest. Not only did owl-loving Daniel enjoy this book, but we were all thoroughly entertained by the antics of the boys, owls, dogs, and company! I'd love to read more books by Farley Mowat. 






No comments:

Post a Comment