Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Little House in the Big Woods




Mom's Notes: We've been watching the Little House on the Prairie TV show for the past few years. I figure it's high time we pay homage to the source of the family and town we've grown to love! We have read this one together, but it was several years ago. I figured we'd start over in the Big Woods and make our way through the series over the next few years, reading two or three books a year. I'm actually really looking forward to reading Farmer Boy, as I've heard from many trusted sources that it's a favorite. I am amazed at how Laura Ingalls Wilder, decades later, describes the ins and outs of life in the woods in lovely and just enough detail for children. What a simple, challenging, dangerous, beautiful, fulfilling way of life knew. 

No comments:

Post a Comment