Monday, July 11, 2016

Gone-Away Lake


Imagine you were given an amazing old house to use as a club house. What would you name your club? What would you do in your club house?

Julia (9): "I would name it 'The Great Gone-Away Explorers.' We would find new ways to use the plants in Gone-Away and we would decorate the house in our own type of way."

Gabe (7): "I would name my club "Wu Crew" because the people in the club would master their Spinjitzu like in Ninjago."

Mom's Notes: Elizabeth Enright is a favorite author of mine. She writes kids so well. You feel like you know (and want to be friends with!) Julian and Portia. Her books may be dated, but the way the kids act and think is relevant. I remember reading this as a girl, and though I'd forgotten much of it, the atmosphere the book emits stuck with me. We'll read the second one next summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment