Wednesday, July 27, 2016

James and the Giant Peach


If you were stuck inside (or on top of) a gigantic fruit, which one would you wish it to be? Why? 

Julia (9): "A pomegranate or a cherry, because cherries are really juicy and delicious and so are pomegranates. And the pomegranate would have a ton of little tiny homes for each person."

Gabe (7): "An apricot, because it's my favorite fruit."

Which insect did you like best? 

Julia: "I like the Spider because she's really kind, and dark and smooth."

Gabe: "I liked Centipede because he's funny and he likes being a pest. He says, 'I'm a pest and I'm proud of it.'"

Mom's Notes: Now we have another incredibly imaginative and expectedly wacky Roald Dahl tale under our belts this year. There's just something completely unforgettable about picturing a giant peach sailing through the sky. And the crazy cloud men!? RD's first very first chapter book for children was as big a hit as his others in this house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment