Tuesday, February 12, 2019

The Show Must Go On!


Given the chance, would you apply to run Sir Sidney's circus? 

Evy (6): "No, I don't like messing with lions." 

Gabe (9): "Maybe, maybe not. I mean, it would be fun but I need a different career. I wouldn't get much money by it. Plus, then I couldn't be a professional soccer player... or be in the NBA." 

Julia (11): "Yes. Who wouldn't want to be with a talking elephant and lion?!" 

Are you surprised Sir Sydney gave Barnabas a second chance?

Evy (6): "Of course! I thought all the stuff he done to the animals was, like, really mean. But Sir Sidney gave him another chance to see what it really feels like to be good to other people." 

Gabe (9): "Nope, he's a nice guy. And he thought he could help him."

Julia (11): "No, because Sir Sidney has a good heart." 

Mom's Notes: The big kids have read this series independently, but they begged that we read it aloud. This adorable and hilarious book was just right after a heavier read. We giggled throughout, and the kids appreciated when I inserted some music from The Greatest Showman. ;) We all cheered for Barnabas Brambles's change of heart, and Sir Sidney's grace. We'll definitely pick up the other five books here and there throughout the next year. Can't wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment