Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Tales from Deckawoo Drive


Which book was your favorite? Why?

Michael (4): "I liked Leroy Ninker, because all the pictures were boy stuff."

Daniel (4): "I liked the raccoon one, because I like the raccoon."



Mom's Notes: The buddies were SO excited when I pulled the Leroy Ninker book off the shelf downstairs. We zipped through it, and they begged for the rest. (They saw the cover pictures on the back.) We weren't disappointed in these rather deep, but approachable tales of Mercy's friends. It was a joy getting to know the side characters better. My favorite is Baby Lincoln's story. I caught Julia and Gabe reading most of these in a single sitting. We also purchased the picture book A Piglet Names Mercy, to complete our collection. These books have been and will continue to be revisited often.

No comments:

Post a Comment